|Home||Regulations & Rules||Permits||Additional Resources||Contact Us|
News and Updates
AFO/CAFO Workshops --
- Regulations affecting AFOs and CAFOs are now finalized. These rules affect all livestock producers that have any livestock in confinement for a total of 45 days each year. Workshops covering the changes in the regulations and the options available to producers will be held at the following locations:
- Delta, UT - January 20, 2015
- Richfield, UT - January 21, 2015
- Ephraim, UT - January 22, 2015
- Beaver, UT - January 27, 2015
- Ogden, UT - February 3, 2015
- Logan, UT - February 5, 2015
- Roosevelt, UT - February 24, 2015
- Brigham City, UT - February 26, 2015 -- 195 West, 1100 South, Rm 164
- All workshops are scheduled from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM. Specific information on the workshops is available here.
- Topics include:
- Changes in the federal regulations
- Permit & compliance options for AFOs
- Agricultural Certificate of Environmental Stewardship
- Other rules to be aware of
- Common compliance problems and how to avoid them
- Permit & compliance options for CAFOs
- The full agenda is available here
- For more information, please contact your local Extension office, or Rhonda Miller, Ph.D. at 435-797-3772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- An updated version of the Utah Manure Application Risk Index is now available at http://efotg.sc.egov.usda.gov/toc.aspx?CatID=15030. Scroll down to Utah Manure Application Risk Index Excel Spreadsheet to download the file.
Tools for Record Keeping
- A spreadsheet to help with record-keeping and nutrient management planning is now available. Click here to download the spreadsheet.
- The Critical Records for Animal Production (C.R.A.P.) App is now available in the Apple iTunes Store. This app is designed to help keep needed manure application records and corresponds with the nutrient management planning spreadsheet.