|Home||Regulations & Rules||Permits||Additional Resources||Contact Us|
News and Updates
- A federal court has found that discharges of manure, feathers, and other litter from the farmyard area of w West Virginia poultry farm are exempt from EPA oversight under federal law.
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia ruled that releases of manure and litter tracked from the Lois Alt poultry houses into the farmyard area, along with dust particle and dander blown there from ventilation fans, is exempt from the law's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements under the law's agricultural storm water exemption.
- The ruling is available at www.fb.org/index.php?action=legal.recentDocket&id=85.
- An updated version of the Utah Manure Application Risk Index is now available at http://efotg.sc.egov.usda.gov/toc.aspx?CatID=15030. Scroll down to Utah Manure Application Risk Index Excel Spreadsheet to download the file.
Tools for Record Keeping
- A spreadsheet to help with record-keeping and nutrient management planning is now available. Click here to download the spreadsheet.
- The Critical Records for Animal Production (C.R.A.P.) App is now available in the Apple iTunes Store. This app is designed to help keep needed manure application records and corresponds with the nutrient management planning spreadsheet.